Silicone heater mats were developed in order to solve specific problems in advanced market sectors such as the space industry, aviation, chemical and food fields.
These applications require coverage over uneven surfaces where it would be impossible to use other types of heating elements.
These flexible heating elements have characteristics that solve problems such as limited space, uneven surfaces heating and relatively low tooling cost compared to alternatives heating elements.
They are best suited to applications where it is not possible to heat from the inside or if surfaces are curved or shaped with intricate angles. They can be supplied in various shaped and with holes to suit specific surfaces and are supplied with or without adhesive backed.
Although these heaters are not waterproof they will withstand the odd liquid splashes. The silicone mat heaters have a operating temperature up to 180°C and can be made with watt densities up to 0.8W/cm².
Installation of these heaters are very simple, and in the case of adhesive backing only require the back to be peeled off. The bonding surface should be kept smooth, clean and dry to ensure proper bonding and heat transfer.
For temperature control we fit the heaters with various options such as sensor pocket, in-built sensor or thermostat.
• Can be set to vary heat concentrations to optimize distribution
• Can be made to any shape or profile
• Heat’s right to edges
• Thermostats and limiters can be moulded on
• Easy fitting
• Up to 3m long
• Overall economical in many applications
• Minimum weight and thickness:
• Can be made to fit around pipework and valves
• Made to suit any voltage requirements
• Working temperatures up to 230ºC for short periods, 180ºC normally
- Catering hot food counters
- Out door telecommunication enclosures
- Aircraft repairs
- Satellite dishes snow melting
- Laboratory equipment
- GRP curing
- Tank heating
- Evaporation in refrigeration
- Battery warming