Features and Applications
We are proud to be distributors of the CALEX pyrometers, they are a great addition to our range of infrared heating elements such as ceramic elements and quartz infrared elements.
Below is a typical thermoforming application where these would be used, please call us to provide a full heating, sensing and control solution, please click it for useful information.
- Installations where there is a risk that the sensor could be damaged by overheating, for example in semi-
automatic road repair machinery or on infrared- heated moulding/forming machines.
- Installations where there is a risk that the lens might become frosted over if the sensor temperature drops below 0°C, for example on road-
gritting lorries or on ground- survey aircraft.
- In glass houses, where leaf temperature is monitored to detect changes in growth phases and sensor temperature can be used to detect changes in ambient temperature.
- On race tracks, where the sensors are mounted on overhead gantries and bridges to measure the track surface surface and detect changes in ambient temperature.
- In ice rinks, where the sensors are suspended from the ceiling and measure the ice surface and changes in ambient temperature.
- For forest fire detection, where a remote-
mounted sensor can give warning of excessive temperatures either on the ground or in the air.
- For thermal mapping inside large-
scale temperature- controlled storage facilities.