When looking at selecting a cartridge heater, the following questions must be considered to ensure your cartridge heaters performance is optimized.
- Maximum temperature? (type of heater)
- Are they fitted into a moving tool? (lead selection)
- Termination option? (straight or right angle)
- Time required to get up to temperature? (watt density)
- Any vibration or jerks? (watt density selection)
- Ambient temperature and humidity? (insulation and sealing type)
- Required to be hot at specific positions? (heat zoning)