Here’s a question we get asked all the time with a few suggestions
- What is the ohms resistance measured across the 2 terminals that you would connect the live and neutral to?
- (You will need a multimeter to do this), set the meter to read ohms, put the multimeter sensor points on the terminals, one live other neutral.
- What is the operating voltage? should be stamped or marked on the element (e.g 240v)
- Then multiply by itself 240×240 = 57600
- Then divide the figure by the the ohms reading. This answer will give you the elements wattage.