A lot of people ask us this question “which one we would recommend for my application”. The main choices are below…
Ceramic heaters emit infrared from the far-wave of the visable spectrum whist quartz heaters emit infrared from the medium wave visable spectrum.
- They heat up quicker than ceramic heaters so if your application requires regular retooling or temperature resets due to material changes then quartz heaters are the preferred choice.
- As quartz heaters emit medium wave they heat from the inside of a object as well as the surface so are great choice for thin or thick plastic sheets.
- They have a higher maximum working temperature.
- Heaters that are not working are easier to be noticed so reduces product rejections.
- They are suited for the heating of thicker materials as far-wave heats objects from deep inside first and then out.
- They are suitable for heating people as well as objects as they emit the same wave pattern as the sun so have commercial applications.
- Unlike quartz heaters they do not emit light.
- The are preferred for drying applications as they are less likely to damage the products surface.